Fall is quite possibly my most favorite season.
I can finally stop spending every day sweating like I stole something, rock adorable booties, and cover up some of my, um, less flattering bits with a cardigan. Or a cute jacket. Or both!
Plus, it’s also the time I decide to do some of my major shopping for the year. Not just for myself, but for the kids too.
Because kids grow so much, I don’t do a lot of future-season shopping. I’ve tried buying their winter coats at the end of spring only to have to donate them, tags still on, in the fall, so I’m over that.
So, I shop in the fall and the spring and then just pick up a few incidentals during the other seasons of the year. Help us save money, stay stylish, and have fun shopping!
So what’s cool for moms and kids this fall season? Oh, I’m so freakin’ happy you asked!
10 Mom Must Haves for Fall
1. Chunky sweaters. For warmth, and looking awesome.
2. Skin saving moisturizers. Because winter makes you all scaly and dry and junk. Which is pretty much the exact opposite of cute. My fave: Mama Mio’s Mighty Moisture Day & Night Moisturizer.
3. Cute jackets. To be used like chunky sweaters, only on colder days.
4. Lifeproof iPhone & iPad protection. Because sometimes, kids break things, and having this tough case on your phone, makes that way more difficult for them to do. Also, you can take your phone to the beach and not have to worry about the ocean ruining it when you take photos of yourself to text back to your friends freezing their butts off at home. Unfortunately it won’t protect against sharks.
5. Keep warm (and hip) boots. Since boots are not only functional, but a whole bunch of fun.
6. Awesomeness for your hair. Not even hot boots can distract from the fact that your hair looks beat. So, hook that up so we can focus on your cute threads. Ouidad’s Salon Series is the perfect thing to get you looking good this season.
7. Something colorful. The world is going to be bursting with color so you should be too! Bright scarves, colored tights, a sweet cape for your favorite little superhero (or heroine) should do the trick!
8. Funky music. That is kid AND mom appropriate. Secret Agent 23 Skidoo is perfect for hip hop loving moms and their urban kiddos.
9. Cozy jammies. For cuddling by the fire, while eating chocolate.
10. A sweet bag. Every season is better if you have a sweet bag to enjoy it with!
Amanda Rodriguez is a mom, a photographer, a freelance writer, a blogger, and a lover of all things awesome. She has been bringing the awesome on her humor lifestyle blog,parenting BY dummies, nearly every day since 2008, and also contributes at a number of other cool places, both offline and on the Internet. You can find her at iVillage, the What NOT to Wear blog, and Everyday Family being all amazing and junk too.