Ouidad Stylist, Jason recently created this casual top knot style for the Plenty by Tracy Reese Spring Lookbook.
Here is how you can style a similar look whether you are wavy, curly, tight curly or kinky!
For Wavy to Classic Curls
2. Take a dry towel and spray with water to dampen, it easily removes excess water without over-drying. We use this technique at the New York Flagship Salon.
3. Take Ouidad Curl Clips and section out a horseshoe shape around the temples.
4. Use PlayCurl Volumizing Spray to create soft curl definition by saturating from roots to ends section by section. Repeat until you’ve finished your entire head.
5. For added volume, you may use Playcurl Volumizing Foam instead to make the curl diameter wider for amazing bounce and touchable body. Gently diffuse dry.
6. Once hair is completely dry, use a soft bristle brush to stretch and soften the definition, working the brush from roots to ends. If needed you could use a finishing spray like our Frizz & Flyaway Fighter.
And If You’re Daring:
-To get the Tracy Reese runway look create a front knot. Take the front area where bangs usually rest and gather into a ponytail just on the top. Start twisting your hair clockwise until the knot is created. Use another elastic band preferably to secure it.
For Tighter Curls
2. Use the same towel technique by using a damp towel to gently remove excess water without creating frizz.
3. Always prime and prep your curls to keep moisture content within the hair. Curl Recovery Whipped Curls Daily Conditioner & Styling Primer gives a soft finish to your styling product.
4. For dry, thirsty curls follow with Curl Quencher Moisturizing Gel and for frizzy hair that needs definition try Climate Control Heat & Humidity Gel to set the curls and give control. Apply styling product thoroughly throughout each section using Ouidad’s Rake & Shake method. Once process is complete, gently diffuse dry.
5. Once hair is dry, don’t brush out texture with a soft bristle brush, this will create frizz and cause breakage. Instead warm in your palms a few sprays of Ouidad Mongongo Oil and gently open up the curl to break up any crunch and create soft definition.
And If You’re Daring:
-To get the Tracy Reese runway look create a front knot. Take the front area where bangs usually rest and make a pony tail just on the top. Start twisting your hair clockwise until the knot is created . Use another elastic band preferably to secure it.