Stylist: Andrea Kelly
Salon: Adored Salon
Location: Lombard, IL
- After I had cut Lindsay’s hair using the Ouidad technique of Carving and Slicing®, I taught her how to Rake and Shake her hair to achieve a defined style that would show her curls off and that would last for several days.
- The first thing I did was treat her hair with the 12 Minute Deep Treatment. This helped restore the moisture of her hair, control the frizz, and leave her with a shine she had never seen before!
- Next I applied about a quarter size of Curl Recovery™ Whipped Curls Daily Conditioner & Styling Primer, starting at the ends and working it through the rest of the hair. This is a great primer for the hair prior to adding gel or styling aid.
- I then separated her hair into five sections and applied Climate Control® Heat & Humidity Gel generously to each section from scalp to ends. This step is essential for the curls to last and be defined. Next, starting at the nape, I took about 1 inch wide sections, “raked” them smooth with my fingers, and “shaked” them. This technique created by Ouidad actually creates a “set” for the hair to dry naturally in very defined sections.
- At this time I used a diffuser to dry the hair. This also helps set the curls into a stronger curl pattern for longevity of the style.
- Once Lindsay’s hair was completely dry, I used Clear Control Pomade to open up her curls. I did this by using about the size of a small marble, and rubbing it in between my hands. I took her hair into my hands as if to put it into a ponytail, being somewhat gentle. Then, she bent upside down, and I used my hands to loosen up the gel around the scalp area, and scrunched the rest of the product into her ends. Once she flipped up, her hair looked full and bouncy.
- I finished it up with some Styling Mist to keep it in place.